Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmastime

Lights up on a family around a christmas
tree with a bunch of opened presents and
the kids playing with their new toys. Bob
looks exasperated and Helen looks utterly
displeased.
Bob
Helen... would you like to open the present from me and the kids?
Helen (dripping with destain)
Oh, the gift from the dollar store? Why not?
Bob
Helen...
Helen
Kids. Get your presents and go to your rooms.
the kids gather their presents and
follow their mother's orders.
Helen
Bob. We spend hundreds on the kids and I buy you a $150 watch! I bet this gift was handmade because you waited until the last minute.
Bob
Helen, it's the thought that counts so shut the hell up about it.
Helen
I absolutely LOVE the thought, but did it come out of your paycheck? NO.
Helen gets up and leaves.
On her way out...
Helen
Cheap bastard.
Bob
Greedy bitch.
Lights to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment